This module will provide students with an understanding of the legislation in the OHS field, including acts and regulations from a variety of governing bodies including but not limited to: WorkSafeBC, the BC Safety Authority, the Ministry of Mines, WHMIS, the Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations, and the Federal Explosives Act and Regulations.
- Discuss OHS legislative regulations
- Recognize the importance of regulations from a variety of governing bodies
- Learn the key players in the OHS environment
- Understand the most recent OHS legislative rules
- Class times: 8:00am-4:30p
Course materials for each module will be provided in a downloadable, digital format. Students will be provided a web link and access information for their program after they have registered and paid. Furthermore, they may or may not be required to print these documents and bring them to class. It is recommended that students use a laptop to view the course materials during class.