This course is geared towards beginner fly anglers and people interested in taking up fly fishing. Four classes will introduce participants to the basics of equipment, how to tie knots, fly casting, entomology of lakes and rivers, fishing tactics and fishing ethics. The course will end on a high note with a field trip for some dry fly fishing.
- Discover the basics to equipment and methods for fly fishing lakes and rivers
- Study entomology of lakes and rivers
- Examine various fishing methods and ethical practices
- Discover and employ various fly fishing knots: clinch knot, mono non-slip loop knot, perfection loop, nail knot and surgeon’s knots
- Basic leader, flies, and tippet
- May 17, 24, 31 and June 13 & 14, 6:00pm-9:00pm